Just wanted to drop by and let you know that so far this blog is moving in exactly the direction I had hoped it would and that I am very proud of the efforts of my friends and so many others who write me, sharing pieces of themselves and their experiences in contributing posts here on The Ma Books. It really is growing into a beautiful community and I thank you all for being a part of it on a weekly basis.
On that note, I’ve decided to throw out a new idea I’ve been contemplating for awhile now to see how it goes.
The way it works:
A grocery list of sorts, based on the familiar potluck mentality aimed at pulling in a good variety of posts for the upcoming month so that instead of me hounding you all to simply “write something” I’ll be requesting specific topics and letting readers claim which ones they feel they might wish to tackle. Not only would it help me lighten the load here – as I hope to keep this space as consistent as possible but in reality might have a hard time with all things considered (four kids, nursing, school duties, work, and home upkeep – just in case you are not familiar) but it also helps to ensure that this site remains well rounded, and overall, a fun and enlightening place for us all to visit.
Here I’ve listed a few ideas I am currently interested in for the upcoming
month, so if any one of you finds any of them to be something up your alley, please send them to: firstname.lastname@example.org
With love & thanks,
1. Birth Stories. Everybody loves ’em. Tell us about yours. The good, the bad, the unexpected.
2. Married folks – First dates. What, when, where?
3. A post dedicated to any particular year your child is, and how it’s been for you. How is being mother to a 4, a 10, or 16 year old?
4. Show us your weekly wardrobe essentials. What is it that you are loving most? Or simple outfit posts, however you choose to share them.
5. Kid Art. I have post I’m working on & would love it if you all could send in some photos (along with brief details) of your little one’s creative endeavors.
6. Poems. Those things we use to scrawl in our beloved journals as teenagers. Go on. Dust them off and send some here.
7. Flashback photos. All I need is a photo, a year and some kind of sentiment behind it. Brief as you prefer. Flashbacks never disappoint.
8. Room tours. What’s your favorite room, or corner in your home. Show us!
9. Awkward family photos. I have a LOT. I’m guessing some of you do too. . .
10. A post about Your child’s name, and how you came to settle on it.
11. Expecting. Whether it’s your first of your fifth. We love seeing and hearing a bit about your pregnancies. This feature usually includes a couple photos and a short account of what you are feeling, hoping, enduring while ‘expecting.’
12. Crafts. Of any nature. Let’s see ’em!
13. The trials of Divorce. Any way you care to share about it.
And lastly, recipes. These days I don’t have a whole lot of time to devout to testing and photographing new (food) stuff, but would very much appreciate it if a couple of you did.
Thanks so much guys! Can’t wait to see some of these ingredients roll in.
I have a feeling October is going to be good fun because of it.
p.s: and don’t forget, random contributions, constructed on your own accord are always welcomed and much appreciated too.